General Public Freedom of Knowledge License - version 1.0
OpinionWare GPFK License Agreement
Drafted by Gita Hashemi
The purpose of the General Public Freedom of Knowledge (GPFK) License is to ensure the "freedom" of "knowledge" and "material" as contained within or extended from the "project" presented and distributed with this License (hereto forth referred to as the Project).
I. DEFINITION OF TERMS
A. "Present Author(s)" refers to the individual(s) or entity(ies) that is responsible for the initial formulation of the Project.
B. "Future Author(s)" refers to any individual(s) or entity(ies) that exercises reproduction or production rights granted in Section II of this License.
C. "Participant(s)" refers to any individual(s) or entity(ies) that is exposed to the Project by any biological, mechanical, electric or electronic means with or without directly enacting the Agree mechanism as provided at the end of this License.
D. "Project" encompasses the following:
E. "Free" refers to the following concurrent conditions:
- All the verbal, visual, auditory, performative and code elements and compositions that are presented and distributed as part of the Project.
- All the virtual, sensorial, perceptual, dialogic, interactive, social, cultural and otherwise identifiable, even if unquantifiable, states, thoughts and actions evoked, provoked, extended or otherwise originated in any form and relation by any kind of exposure - whether by direct or indirect means - to the Project.
- The text of this License Agreement.
- Anything that is described in I(F) and I(G).
F. "Knowledge" includes the following:
- The state of interacting with the Project - by reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, thinking, formulating and expressing an opinion about, taking action upon or any other form of interaction whether self-directed or driven by the Project - without the threat or actual presence of physical, psychological, legal, economic, or material prohibition, force or coercion.
- Doing the above without payment of royalties, admissions, fees or other charges to the Present or Future Author(s) or any third parties distributing the Project.
G. "Material" refers to the following:
- All data, facts, theories and opinions contained in, or reasonably understood to be inspirational to, or advocated or inspired - be it in agreement or in opposition - by the Project.
- All sensorial, psychological and perceptual states contained in, or reasonably understood to be inspirational to, or advocated or inspired - be it in agreement or in opposition - by the Project.
- All electronic files presented or distributed under the title of the Project.
- All printed documents presented or distributed under the title of the Project.
- All transmissions and projections of G(1) and G(2) by biological, mechanical, electric or electronic audio, visual or otherwise sensorial and/or perceptual means.
- All parts and fragments of G(1), G(2) and G(3).
II. LICENSE STIPULATIONS
A. Rights: Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, all Participants and Future Author(s) are hereby acknowledged by the Present Author to have a global, perpetual license to exercise the rights stated below:
B. Restrictions: The rights listed above are expressly subject to and limited by the following:
- To freely reproduce and distribute all or parts of the Project verbatim in as many copies as desired in any medium and format now known or hereafter devised.
- To freely add to and build upon the Project and distribute such derivative projects in as many copies as desired in any medium and format now known or hereafter devised.
C. Ethical Obligations: By agreeing to the terms of this License,
- All reproductions and derivative works can only be distributed under a version of GPFK License (current at the time of distribution) without any modification to the terms and conditions of the License or imposition of new terms and conditions.
- All reproductions and derivative works must ensure the availability of the source "material" without any imposed encryption and in forms that do not limit access to the "material" and "knowledge" contained therein in a manner inconsistent with the spirit of this License.
- All parties express their full understanding of all the terms and conditions contained herein.
- All parties express their acceptance of any intended and reasonably foreseeable results from the presentation and distribution of the Project and all of its future versions and derivatives.
- All parties express their willingness to defend in public the Project and all its future versions and derivatives against any individual or entity that threatens or seeks to limit by physical, psychological, legal or material means - be it prohibition, force or coercion - or through the implementation or imposition of charges the "freedom" of all Present and Future Author(s) and Participant(s) to participate in, present, distribute or build upon any "knowledge" and "material" contained in, derived from or inspired by the Project.
By pressing AGREE below, you accept that you have read and understood all of the above and accept to be held responsible according to the terms of this License.
A G R E E
D I S A G R E E